A marriage book is a collection of fifty certificates issued by the Registrar of Marriages to the marriage officers for purposes of solemnization of marriages.
A Minister of Faith shall forward the certificate of marriage to the Registrar of marriages within Fourteen (14) days of solemnization of a marriage for registration.
Marriage books are issued to churches, temples and mosques at a prescribed fee.
Before you fill the online application form found at https://www.e-citizen.go.ke,
ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS READY FOR ATTACHING/ UPLOADING:
- Upload a Letter of Recommendation from the organization on a letterhead signed by an authorized official;
- Copy of the Registration Certificate of the religious institution;
- Copy of National Identity Card or valid Passport of the Marriage Officer;
- Copy of license of the Minister of Faith;
- Coloured passport-size photo of the Marriage Officer.
Upon approval, applicant will be notified to pay a fee of Kshs 25,000/= on the e-citizen online platform.
New marriage books will be issued upon filing of returns for the previously issued books.
Timelines: Marriage book to be issued one (1) day after payment of the requisite fees.