- Undertake research for Government Ministries, Commissions, Departments and State Corporations on various problems encountered in the implementation of the Constitution and the laws;
- Coordinate capacity building in research and knowledge management;
- Conduct research in all legal fields;
- Articulate current legal developments in various fields such as the commonwealth and other jurisdictions to other Divisions, Departments and regional offices within the Office of the Attorney General and Department of Justice;
- Conduct background research for speeches, cabinet papers and other topical papers on diverse legal aspects; and,
- Conduct research on international treaty matters, government contracts, civil litigation, and legislation to support the other divisions at the Office of Attorney General and Department of Justice.