CIVIL LITIGATION SERVICES
Civil Litigation Services to the Public
- Receiving of court documents and correspondence from litigants;
- Facilitation of payments in suits won against the Government.
Civil Litigation for Government
The services offered by the Department are free. However, in order to offer sound legal advise and effective representation in court and tribunals, the Department requires comprehensive information, documents and evidence on cases and witnesses.
The services offered include but are not limited to:
- Advising Government Ministries, Departments and State Corporations/Agencies in all legal matters;
- Receiving court documents and correspondence from Government Ministries, Departments and State Corporations/Agencies: (this service is public facing with an operational registry to receive correspondence and an operational email to send and receive court documents and correspondence electronically);
- Representing the national Government in all civil and constitutional matters in accordance with the Government Proceedings Act (Cap. 40):- The service is public facing with the current modification of both virtual court attendance and physical attendance;
- Representing the national Government in Arbitrations and other forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) such as mediation, negotiations and adjudication: – the service is public facing with the current modification of virtual attendance and physical attendance;
- Promoting respect for the rule of law and protection of the public interest; and,
- Recovering civil debts owed to the Government