The Governance, Justice, Law and Order Sector (GJLOS) Reform Coordinating Secretariat was established by the Ministry of State for Public Service on 1st October, 2007.
- Development of a framework and oversight on the implementation of the Kenya Vision 2030 Political Pillar flagship/Priority Projects and Programmes;
- Strengthening Inter-agency and Inter-Sectoral collaboration and coordination within the GJLOS and other sectors of the economy;
- Represent the Office of the Attorney General and Department of Justice as the focal point on donor supported reform programmes such as, GIZ Strengthening Good Governance Programme, United Nations Development Framework (UNDAF), Development Partners Forum (DPF);
- Represent the Office of the Attorney General and Department of Justice as the focal point in the National Council of Administrative Justice (NCAJ);
- Coordination of the GJLOS reforms through technical advice in policy, planning and at budgeting level;
- Support development of Annual GJLOS Sector reform Work plan;
- Quality Assurance on Ministries, Departments and Agencies work plan implementation;
- Coordinate the GJLOS Joint Review Meetings;
- Provide visibility on the GJLOS reform efforts, develop knowledge and share information.