The Governance, Justice, Law and Order Sector (GJLOS) Reform Coordinating Secretariat was established by the Ministry of State for Public Service on 1st October, 2007.
- Development of a framework and oversight on the implementation of the Kenya Vision 2030 Political Pillar flagship/Priority Projects and Programmes;
- Strengthen Inter-agency and Inter-Sectoral collaboration and coordination within the GJLOS and other sectors of the economy;
- Represent the Office of the Attorney General and Department of Justice as a focal point on the following donor supported reform programmes: GIZ Strengthening Good Governance Programme, United Nations Development Framework (UNDAF), Development Partners Forum (DPF);
- Represent the Office of the Attorney General and Department of Justice as a focal point in the National Council of Administrative Justice (NCAJ);
- Coordinate GJLOS reforms through provision of technical advice in policy, planning and budgeting level;
- Support development of Annual GJLOS Sector reform Work plan;
- Monitoring and evaluation of the GJLOS Sector reform Work plans;
- Coordinate the GJLOS Joint Review Meetings; and,
- Provide visibility on the GJLOS reform effort, develop knowledge and share information.