The Division will have the following functions and responsibilities:
The division is responsible for:
• Official Receivership duties under the Bankruptcy (subsequent Insolvency) Act and the Companies Act respectively and shall undertake Winding Up proceedings, Liquidation and deeds of Arrangement.
• Undertaking prosecutions under the Companies Act and other related duties.
• Safekeeping and maintenance of marriage records in Kenya.
• Licensing and Gazetting church ministers to perform marriages under the Marriage Act.
• Performing Civil marriages under the Marriage Act.
• Registering adoptions under the Children’s Act.
• Registrar of the College of Arms.
• Registrar of Chattel Mortgages under the Chattel Transfer Act..